18:04

Butterfly Effect CaterPillar

I'm reading: Butterfly Effect CaterPillarTweet this!

The song 'Stop crying your heart out' of Oasis offers some kind of reflections on the 'BUTTERFLY EFFECT'. I've assembled a playlist here where you can see some videos on this subject.

-o-o-o-

-o-o-o-

In the fall of 1976 two couples got married at a town in Germany: Osnabrück. The one couple was me and my wife and the names of the other couple were Zach & Priscilla (both Americans).
Zach and Priscilla soon drifted apart. Zach had a car accident in the States, with some heavy injuries. In the happy days of this fall of 1976 Zach was often singing a song of which he said that he had composed it: 'The CaterPillar'.

Here now the words of this poem. I have the song sung by him somewhere and when I find it some days I might upload it to this place. He sang it very simple, it sounded pretty Indian (like a chant) and he was clapping his hands to it.

Caterpillar
A song of William Christiansen (Zach)
1976


Once was a Caterpillar that shivered in the grass.
Hiding from the big birds, made my time go past.
Little did I know, above me far and wide,
was the great and unknown sky of the other side.

While I had thoughts now and then of climbing to the top
of one big reed, one big reed that grew along my way.
But eating leaves and hiding out, took up most of my day.

Then one fateful afternoon, I mounted up that reed
so long I waited to ascend, but now my plan was deed.
The thrill of seeing my dream come true almost made me weep,
but time was late and pretty soon, I had to go to sleep.

So I began to spin and spin, did you ever spin a bed?
If you never seen it done, you must not be well read.
Time past by, another day, another afternoon
and I zipped up my sleeping bag known as a cacoon.

In that dark and lonely place I had so many dreams
and soon was quite forgot the past and fearful thoughts it seems.
Far above the grass below that blew below me green
and farmers planting seeds in spring the underpassing scenes.

Then a voice inside me spoke: "You must be born again"
and then this time I really woke from my cacoon I sprang
to see the sun that dried my wings, was smiling back at me.

So far above the grass below I glide within the sky
for now my home is on the wind, a bright new butterfly.

-o-o-o-